2 Cans 15.5oz Dark red kidney beans
4 Cups Spring water
1 Can Coconut milk
1/2 Small Onion
3 Garlic, chopped small
2 Cups Kabocha squash, chopped
1 Chayote squash, chopped
3 Cups Japanese sweet potato, chopped
2 Burro bananas
3 Scallion stalks, chopped
3 Tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
1 Bay leaf
1 Habanero pepper
20 Pimento seeds
1/2 Tsp Liquid smoke
Black pepper, a few dashes
Sea salt, to taste
1. In a large stockpot on medium heat add onions and garlic, cook until fragrant.
2. Add carrots, kabocha, chayote, bay leaf and saute. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in water, coconut milk, sea salt, pimento and stir. Place whole habanero in liquid and cook for
4. Add dumplings, Japanese sweet potato and carefully stir being mindful of the habanero pepper.
5. Turn flame to medium high. Once soup begins to boil, cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Using your spoon press the chunks of kabocha squash to mash them and stir. You can leave a few
pieces intact, if desired.
7. Remove the skin from the burro bananas and chop to desired thickness. Add a few dashes of black
8. Taste your soup and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add liquid smoke, scallion, thyme and stir.
Cover pot, reduce heat to low and cook for another 20 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!