Jamaican Boiled Dumplings RecipeCourse: Sides, Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: JamaicanDifficulty: Medium
Simple recipe but may be slightly difficult if you’ve never kneaded dough before.
2 Cups White spelt flour
1 1/2 Tsp Pink sea salt
5 Cups Spring water
- In a large stockpot, add 4 cups of spring water. Carefully drop the flour dumplings in to the pot of boiling water and cook for 15 – 20 minutes. Cooked dumplings float to the top of the cold water.
- When the water starts to boil, add 1 tsp sea salt. In the meantime in a bowl combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt). Mix to combine.
- Slowly add water and knead until a dough is formed, about 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky add more flour, a little at a time. If the dumpling is too dry, add more water a little at a time and knead again.
- Take a fist sized pieces of the dough and roll in to a ball shape between your hands. Using the base of your palm press the ball in to your other palm to make a disc.
- Carefully remove the boiled dumplings when cooked and enjoy a dumpling with the rest of your meal.
Please share, follow and like us: