Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time:25 mins Total Time:25 mins
Course: Main Course Cuisine: fusion, Vegan Keyword: instant pot tetrazzini, vegan chicken tetrazzini, vegan tetrazzini
Servings: Calories: 533kcalAuthor: Vegan Richa
- 2 tsp oil
- 8 oz mushroom
- 1/2 (0.5 ) onion
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley or use italian blend
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt (depends on the veggie broth, use 3/4 tsp if using water)
- 2 1/4 cup (528.75 ml) veggie broth or water
- 8 oz (226.8 g) spaghetti noodles broken into half
- 1/3 cup (83.33 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (59.5 ml) thick cashew cream (blend a 1/4 cup cashews with 1/4 cup water until smooth)
- 1/4 cup (27 g) toasted breadcrumbs (toast in 1 tsp olive oil until golden) for garnish
- vegan parmesan as needed or use nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (15 g) chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Press Saute on the Instant Pot. Add oil when hot. Add mushrooms, onion, a good pinch of salt and cook for 3 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Deglaze with 2 tbsp water or white wine and continue to cook for another min. Remove the mushrooms from pot.
- Add vegan butter and flour and cook for a min, stir frequently. (Alternately, Skip this step and use more non dairy cream in the end for creamier pasta. flour can tend to burn easily in IP).
- Add broth, herbs, salt and mix in and bring to a boil. Mix well so that the roasted flour mixes gets picked up from the pan and mixes in. The stuck flour can cause burn error if not mixed in. (You can also add 1/2 cup soycurls/ vegan chicken here. Add a 1/2 cup more liquid for soycurls).
- Cancel saute. Add broken noodles and submerge in the mix. Add 1/3 cup water on top on the noodles to ensure enough covering liquid.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 4 mins (manual hi pressure). Quick Release carefully after 3-4 mins.
- Add cashew cream to the noodles and mix well. Bring to just about a simmer on saute if needed. You can also add some green peas into the hot pasta at this point. Mix in half of the mushrooms.
- Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Remove noodles from the pot as the pot is still hot and will continue to cook the noodles. Mix in the mushrooms, Garnish with toasted breadcrumbs, vegan parm and parsley or basil and pepper flakes.
Alternate method: Skip the roux, use 2 1/4 cup of broth or water total. Add a few tbsp more thick non dairy cream in the end and simmer to thicken.Oil-free: Omit the oil/butter. Saute in broth, skip the flour step, and add more non dairy cream in the end for creamier. Cashew Cream: You can make a large batch cashew cream and use a 1/4 cup of that. Refrigerate the remaining cashew cream for upto 4 days to use in other recipes or make cashew alfredo. Stove top: Cook the Spaghetti according to instructions on the package. Roast the flour in vegan butter or oil, then add 1/2 cup non dairy milk. Fold in the spices, and bring to a boil. Add mushroom and cooked spaghetti and mix in. Add some non dairy cream if needed. Take off heat. Taste and adjust flavor, salt. Garnish and serve Nut-free: Use other non dairy cream. Gluten-free: Use stove top method for gluten-free, use rice flour for the roux, omit the breadcrumbs.